To improve upon my ident, I decided to work with the feedback that was given to me and change my ident accordingly to improve it for to better.
Firstly, I decided to make the text on the shots where the programmes are shown bolder and more visible. I added an outline so that the text would stand out more and look bolder instead of having it barely visible on the clip.
Another thing that I fixed was the ending shot where it felt out of place compared to all of the other ones that I had used. Instead of having a tree at the end, I had a shot of hot chocolate being brewed so it was more in line with the rest of the ident with the process of making food, cooking competitions, etc.
I made some shots shorter so that the whole ident was trimmed down to 30 seconds; if the clips were too long, the viewers would get bored of looking at that shot until it moved on to the next shot.
I added more effects such as: orange tint/hue effects to the rest of the ident so that the audience got more of an 'autumn-feel' as the colour of orange and warmer colours are usually associated with that season. I also added it to make the effects more consistent instead of having it on just one.
The usage of more transitions onto my ident was to make the ident flow more smoothly to one scene to another, it also makes it more attractive to the viewer otherwise the ident would be jumping all the time making it unsatisfactory to watch. It also helped me convey a calm, relaxing mood in the ident that I wanted to present to the viewers. With slow fade ins, the viewer could feel relaxed and calm watching. I also wanted to use transitions to correctly flow one clip to the next. For example: when the pumpkin is finished carving and is turned around I used a dissolve effect so it would become darker and transition to where the pumpkin is lit up.
I had used copyright-free music in the background of my ident with a smooth, calm and relaxing tune that the viewer could listen to.
Alongside the clips of the programmes that were going to be used, I took a small snippet of audio from them to play alongside it so that the viewers could have a 'preview' of the show. I faded the audio in and out so it flows smoothly to the next clip instead of having the audio jump to the other one, otherwise it would feel as if it was all apart of the same show.
I added a voice over effect of me talking over saying what shows would come up next and increased the volume of my voice-over and lowered the music at that moment so the viewers could hear me correctly. However, the audio came out distorted and to fix it in my final ident I had to re-record it so the voice-over would sound just right.
Like my first ident, I worked with some of the feedback that I was given to improve on my ident.
Firstly, as stated in apart of the feedback that was given; I had jump-cuts in my shots. I had trimmed down the shots and added transitions so it would look more professional and flow more nicely to one scene to the next.
I also added some soft effects with brighter, blue-ish colours to create a Winter theme to the viewers watching. I also used colours on fonts such as: green and red (colours usually associated with festivities.) I used sparkle effects on the Christmas tree at the beginning so it stands out and the viewer can see that this ident is for Winter/the holiday season.
I also trimmed some clips down so that they were shorter and some clips just don't cut out like the ending in my draft video.
To draw the viewer's attention to the advertisement more, I added sound effects as: jingling bells and a Santa Claus audio effect to get the viewers excited for the holiday-related shows that are going to be shown on the channel and give them an idea of what will be shown to them next.
I also added festive and relaxing music that the viewer can listen to whilst watching the ident to get the feel of the holiday season and so that the ident is calming and does not have too much going on that the viewer has to keep up with, as the channel that I have created these idents for are for cooking shows and does not have a lot of action going on.
I had used graphics such as: The Food Network logo so that the viewer could distinguish what channel they were watching if they randomly turned the channel over/be reminded of what they were watching and made it stand out to the viewers by putting it at the 'start' and 'end' of the ident. Unlike my first one, I used a graphic saying 'next' to tell the users what shows will be coming up next instead of randomly showing the programmes that are going to be shown.
I also added text onto my shots so that the viewer would know what show was being presented to them such as: 'Santa's Baking Blizzard' instead of randomly having the shot from the show there without no information about it.
I also added a voice-over at the end wishing the viewers a happy holiday, reminding them they are watching Food Network and telling the viewers what they would be watching next.
Comments
Post a Comment